Hoping to look good in a striking new cheong-sam this Chinese New Year? Like most beauty routines, the best results will be realized after a few sessions followed by periodic maintenance. However, CNY is around the corner and it’s time to sweat it – literally.
Sweat Spa offers Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna therapy to burn fat, detoxify and induce sweat to excrete toxins. It has three outlets in the Klang Valley, located in Atria Shopping Gallery, Great Eastern Mall and Publika.
Beauty Insider Malaysia sat down with the founder of Sweat Spa, Ms Sabrina Tang. She insisted Sweat Spa is not a slimming centre but specializes in detoxification. Reducing fat is a by-product of the process, as toxins are usually present in fat cells. The heat generated by the Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna burns fat, detaches toxins and excretes them out of the body by sweating.
Ms Tang mentioned that the spa services are suitable for both male and female of all ages. The benefits of the Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna include:
- Clearer skin – flushes the toxins from inside out and unclog pores, a few sessions should clear the acne or acne-scarred skin.
- Fat loss – the process burns fat and builds muscles, hence the weighing scale may increase a little but the fat content should reduce.
- Improves blood circulation and promotes sleep – with a healthier lifestyle will also promote better skin complexion and adds a healthy glow.
- Body detoxification –removing toxins arising from urban lifestyles and intake of food. The later is usually made worse during festivities with weekend parties and binge eating at a family get-together.
- Relaxation & Stress relief – all work, study and other stress will melt away in the heat. Relaxation is a factor to keep the cortisol hormone levels under control. Excessive level of cortisol promotes the storage of fat in the abdomen area.
- Toned body – complements exercise by removing the muscle-masking fluid. Fluid and excess sodium ions deposited under the skin mask the well-sculpted muscles that lie underneath. Sodium ions retain water – sweating helps remove the water retention.
To read more, click here.
To read the article “Toxins can make you fat, really!” click here.