The Man Behind the World’s #1 Chemical Peel: A Conversation with Dr Dennis Gross
Get to know the Vitamin C Lactic range from the man himself!
By: Farah Khan / April 18, 2023
Ah, the elusive pursuit of flawless skin. But fear not, for Dr Dennis Gross Skincare is here to rescue us all from the tyranny of breakouts and blemishes. With the wisdom of a seasoned clinician and the heart of a devoted teacher, his skincare line delivers results that are as proven as they are delightful. And with a philosophy that extends far beyond just vanity, Dr Dennis Gross Skincare is the kind of brand you’ll never want to switch from, no matter where your journey takes you.
In this Insider Spotlight, we speak to the co-founder of Dr Dennis Gross Skincare, Dr Dennis himself, about the new Vitamin C Lactic range!
About Dr Dennis Gross
What do you get when you cross a skin cancer researcher, a practicing dermatologist, a chemist, a husband, a father of four, and a visionary entrepreneur? Well, you get the one and only Dr Dennis Gross, of course! With a brain packed full of scientific know-how and a heart bursting with love for his family and his patients, Dr Gross has revolutionized the world of skincare. Thanks to his wife’s brilliant idea, we now have access to the Alpha Beta Daily Peel, the #1 chemical peel that delivers vibrant, clear skin with added anti-aging benefits. It’s like having a personal dermatologist in a bottle, but without the awkward small talk.
Discover more: Dr Dennis Gross New and Improved Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Skincare For All
Interview with Dr Dennis Gross
What is one thing you want people to think of when they see Dr Dennis Gross skincare products?
I want people to look at their skin and feel joy. When I wake up every day, I am driven to provide safe, effective skin solutions to people that deliver real results so their skin can be a source of joy in their life.
Vitamin C Lactic Range
With the launch of the Vitamin C Lactic collection, what was the main drive for this launch? Why the Vitamin C and Lactic Acid combination?
One thing I have learned as a chemist and practicing dermatologist is that a cocktail of ingredients delivers superior results over one single ingredient. As a product formulator, it is my role to discover and test the right ingredient combinations that deliver optimal performance. After months and months of research, I found that when you formulate vitamin C with lactic acid, the performance of vitamin C improves plus you have the added benefit of a strengthened moisture barrier. Additionally, new medical literature shows that lactic acid works in the lipid layer of skin to neutralize free radical activity. Both work to neutralize free radical activity in all layers of the skin, thus reducing the stress and signs of sun-aging like lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, oiliness or even chronic dryness.
What makes this Vitamin C Lactic collection different from other Vitamin C skincare products out there?
Vitamin C has the potential to be irritating at high concentrations because it disrupts the moisture barrier. I added lactic acid in my formulas to mitigate the irritation from vitamin C and build back the moisture barrier. Lactic acid replenishes the moisture barrier with ceramides and GAGs, increasing the skin’s moisturization factor. This in turn creates a seal within the skin and drives vitamin C to the deepest layers of the skin, where it is most effective. Vitamin C Lactic is unlike any other products on the market because the real results are brighter, firmer, stronger skin without the irritation. Additionally, I hand-select every ingredient that goes into my formulations, ensuring no fillers, additives, or harmful ingredients.
Creating The Vitamin C Lactic Range
When creating this collection, who did you envision using these products?
Vitamin C has an array of benefits, making it beneficial for nearly everyone. If you are looking to target hyperpigmentation, diminish fine lines and wrinkles and prevent signs of premature aging, then Vitamin C Lactic is right for you.
How would you recommend adding this collection to one’s skincare routine?
- 15% Vitamin C Firm & Bright Serum – This powerful, clinically proven treatment is designed to target aging concerns (reduce fine lines, wrinkles and firm the skin) and fade hyperpigmentation and discoloration caused by free radicals. Apply 4-6 drops all over clean, dry skin, including face, neck and chest. Follow with moisturizer or cream and SPF.
- Firm & Bright Eye Treatment – This eye treatment diminishes puffiness, reduces the look of wrinkles and fades dark spots all around the delicate eye area. Gently tap 1/2 pump around entire eye area including eyelids and crow’s feet.
- Dewy Deep Cream – This ultra-hydrating cream immediately boosts skin radiance while improving lipid barrier function and antioxidant protection for a more even, firmer complexion. It is the same formula you know and love, only upgraded with lactic acid for additional free radical protection and moisture barrier boosting benefits. Great for those with dry skin. Use after the Alpha Beta Daily Peel and/or serum. Follow with SPF.
- Oil-Free Radiant Moisturizer – This brand-new formula is a powerhouse serum and moisturizer combined and especially great for those with oily skin or acne-prone skin. This moisturizer is incredibly effective at targeting signs of sun aging, while providing long-lasting hydration for protection all day, every day. Use after Alpha Beta Daily Peel and/or serum. Follow with SPF.
- Biocellulose Brightening Treatment Mask – This biodegradable sheet mask intensely hydrates and immediately boosts skin recovery for a radiant, dewy-looking complexion. Use 1-2x a week.
Misconceptions About Vitamin C Lactic Range
What is one common misconception about the two star ingredients in the Vitamin C Lactic collection that you would like to debunk?
Red skin = a red flag. It is easy to get carried away with skincare thinking more is better, but the truth is that the skin likes to be in balance. Highly concentrated or single-ingredient vitamin C formulas have the potential to be irritating. It’s like running a marathon every day instead of a well-balanced workout that includes running, weights, and a warm-up. Multi-tasking products, like the new Vitamin C Lactic, have been clinically tested and proven for optimal performance, giving your skin the precise dose it needs for the best results.
A Message From Dr Dennis Gross
Do you have a message to the Dr Dennis Gross fans in Malaysia, I am sure the fans would love to hear from the founder himself!
Your skin can be a source of joy! It is never too late to start your skin care journey and you don’t need a lot of steps; a few clinically proven formulas can make all the difference.